When you become a Pace Car Driver, you become part of the solution for safer, more walkable neighborhoods! Take the pledge using the online form below and we will send you the free Pace Car Bumper Sticker for you to display on your car, Pledge forms and bumper stickers are also available at several local locations including the SE Neighborhood Service Center in Rochester. (Downloadable Pace Car info here.)
Neighborhood Pace Car Pledge Form for Rochester NY.
To receive and display a Neighborhood Pace Car Bumper Sticker.
I pledge to:
- Be aware of my speed and observe the speed limit.
- Slow down near schools and other areas such as playgrounds, parks, residential streets where children are present.
- Always yield to pedestrians crossing the street.
- Come to a complete stop at stop signs, then look carefully before proceeding.
- Be courteous to bicyclists and other road users.
- Not tailgate.
- Not block walkways, bike lanes, or driveways when parking.
- Consider using alternative means of transportation and consolidate car trips to lessen traffic on residential streets.
- Display the Pace Car Bumper Sticker on my vehicle so other drivers know why I am driving courteously and at a safe speed.
- Encourage others to sign the pledge. The more Pace Car drivers the safer our streets will become.
*The Pace Car program was invented by David Engwicht of Creative Communities International, Queensland, Australia. Read more about the history of the Neighborhood Pace Car program at this link.